Exhibitions & Awards
After 21 years in corporate life working for Unilever in places such as Australia, USA, Malaysia, Thailand and eight years in Vietnam, I went to London and trained in photography at Cavendish College, graduating with distinction.
My images are influenced by my many years in Asia, which I loved. My workflow has and continues to be quite structured and very organised. I find this frees me up to be even more creative.
When I moved to Europe in mid 2012, away from the studio, I enjoyed a more simplistic organic approach, focusing on Black and White. Now back in Australia I am shooting in nature and in the studio, in black and white and in colour. Where ever the mood takes me.
Occasionally an obsession takes over – smoke, light drawing, the fluidity of water, ice or an interesting emotional concept such as Dark Places Full of Light. At times I feel the need to use my photography to present a message that I feel strongly about such as using breast cancer as a marketing tool. The beauty of the dead in a positive way is a recurring subject, I love the fact that the beauty hits you before the death. And I love Ice.
I work hard on my photography because life is real good with a camera in my hands..
I married in July 2013 and enjoy the support and encouragement of my fabulous wife Marianne.
- 2017 Un - Broken Ballarat Foto Festival, Fairbanks Gallery.
- 2016 Ebb & Flow, collaborative with Dianne Longley, Gold Street Studios.
- 2015 WinterMind, Ballarat Foto Festival. Yellow Espresso.
- 2012 Red. Collaborative exhibtion. Alley Gallery, Ulladulla.
- 2012 Dark Places Full of Light,with Glenese Keavney, Shoalhaven Arts Center, Nowra.
- 2012 Summer on the Coast Collaborative Exhibtion, Alley Gallery,Ulladulla
- 2011 Finalist 2011 Eureka Science Photography Prize
- 2011 Shoalhaven Open Art Prize – Winner Best Photograph
- 2011 Ulladulla Camera Club – Open Winner
- 2011 Friends of the Gallery Exhibition Beach Art Framing Ulladulla
- 2011 Manuka Access Gallery Canberra, Members Show- Co Peoples Choice winner
- 2011 Black and White Collaborative Exhibtion, Alley Gallery, Ulladulla
- 2010 Ulladulla Camera Club – Photographer of the Year, Professional Division
- 2010 EscapeArtfest 8 x 8 Competiton – Overall Winner
- 2010 Escape Artfest Shoalhaven Open Art Prize – Commended
- 2009 Ulladulla Camera Club – Photographer of the Year, Professional Division
- 2009 Above Below and Beyond, Riversdale 7 exhibition Cupitts Winery Artfest 2009
- 2009 “Healthy Aging” Exhibition with Annette Potter & Annie Palmer
- 2008 Winner “Our Impact” Section of ANZANG Nature Photographer of the Year
- 2008 EscapeArtfest Shoalhaven Open Art Prize – Best Photographic Entry
- 2005 From Source to Sea – Riversdale7 Exhibition in Kiama
- 2004 Highly Commended Merrogal Women’s Art Prize
- 2004 Remains of the Day – Riversdale7 Exhibition in Kiama
- 2004 Joint Exhibition in Gerringong with artist Barbara Spence